Sunday, December 9, 2012

Two weeks left?!? Life Update

So I was originally supposed to fly home Dec 15th but I changed my flight to the 22nd to give myself an extra week.  Just one step closer to never leaving and going back to reality hehe! 

Thank you Mom and Dad for the extra week! This means I'll finish my last two finals this Thursday and Friday and then have a full week to relax and have fun and I can attend the 12 Pubs of Christmas :)  The center of Galway has been decked out and is fully ready for Christmas.  Eyre Square is usually a big empty grassy area in the middle of town but it's been transformed into a cute little winter wonderland, complete with hot dog stands (who knew BBQ hotdogs were Christmasy? I didn't) and tacky sweaters and ornaments and Christmas trees. It's really cute and all lit up and they have the best crepes and hot chocolate ever.    There's also a big beer tent with 1lb steins so you can pretend that Oktoberfest is in Galway for a little while!

My roomies and I are doing a secret santa for eachother, and I got the perfect gift for my person.. Can't write what it is on here yet in case she reads it however I'll update this again soon to let you know how it goes!    Sorry my writing is a bit random... I finally bought the new Taylor Swift album (which was stupid.. should have waited and asked for it for Christmas. Oops.) and of course it's so good and so I'm currently jammin to it and it's distracting me from blogging!!  I have a love hate relationship with Taylor Swift.  She's an annoying human being and I kind of hate her because I'm ridiculously jealous of her life, but i do love her music no matter how hard I try not to! Also currently obsessed with Ed Sheeran.. he's unreal. Listen to him if you haven't yet!  SO good!!

I had my last visitor this weekend.. Miss Christina Prudenti from Spain!! Last weekend Kate Riley was here from Paris so that was really fun too. Love me some American visitors.  On Friday we went to this little place called Hole in the Wall and were dancing to the music and having a good time when we realized that Jack, the bouncer from the Front Door, was there.  Now this story might not be as great as it was in real life but bear with me and I'll try to explain.  Jack the bouncer is maybe 35 and has a loong ponytail and a very unkempt beard and everyone else in the bar was my age- around 20 so it was just hilarious to see him there.  He was dancing and jumping up and down going crazy.. I tried to teach him my infamous little dance move but he said it wasn't good enough and so then he proceeded to spin me around a million times and dip me backwards to show me a "Real dance move" and I thought I looked like I was on dancing with the stars but christina sadly told me later that i just looked like a rag doll being thrown around hahaha.. oh well, better luck next time I guess!

that's all for now.. more updates to come later when I figure out what exciting ways I'll be spending my extra week here - I've got to go to the store and buy cough medicine, I've got a wicked cold that's making me blow my nose every five minutes and given me one of those deep chest coughs. It's really ladylike and cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment